The RoHS Directive bans the placing them in the EU market. This effects new electrical and electronic equipment containing more than agreed levels of the six materials listed below, effective 1 October 2006.
- Lead (Pb) : less than 1000 ppm
- Mercury (Hg) : less than 1000 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd) : less than 100 ppm
- Sexivalent chrome (Cr+6) : less than 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) : less than 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) : less than 1000 ppm
The product categories impacted under the RoHS Directive are large household appliances, small household appliances, computing and communications equipment, consumer electronics, lightning, power tools (tools for large scale industrial use are exempt), toys and sports equipment, and automatic dispensers.
Control and monitoring equipment is exempted from the RoHS Directive as of September 2006. However, RKC will begin deliveries of RoHS compliant products per on our commitment to contribute to environmental improvement.